• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Steria

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mavster07 View Post
    Under no circumstances should you consider working for Steria (Xansa).

They are very unethical and don't pay invoices on time. They put you into impossible positions with their clients and then don't back you up when things get rough for them. And they are utterly hopeless at project management, so you are under constant pressure to deliver the impossible.

Do yourself a favour, give them a big swerve.
    Just sounds like most of the other Big 'Cons' I've worked for - and that's most of them. Unfortunately consultancies are my main clients, so I learnt to manage them. I never work long hours (unless they pay OT) or let them pressure me unduly, as I let them know that if they try to feck me around like a permie, I'll walk.

Should be no problem if your experienced, know your stuff and know how to BS like them. If you're a newby, weak or naive, they'll **** you over, so best to avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by apb View Post
      Hi guys,

Anyone worked for Steria recently. I've been approached for the role by Xansa, the contract is to work on a Client site in Financial Services.

I've done a search on the forum and there are not many good reports of Xansa, but these date back to last year - anyone with more recent experience?

Thanks in advance.
      Xansa became Steria early last year. They are one and the same.

I worked with a few Xansa bods last year and none of them had any major complaints. I did have a couple of roles pimped my way by them that came to nothing but then I don't really think the agent put the legwork in.
      Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

I've done work for steria.
        You get the usual politics of a large co.
        But I got paid on time, every time.
        So, no complaints.

Comment

Working...
        X