• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How Progressive...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
    £5mil they are either,

1. Telling porky pies.
    2. Made a mistake and added an extra 0
    3. Telling the truth but making it sound much more grand, the £5mil I suppose could include ongoing support, hardware, liciensing costs.

All 3 things agents are very good at
    I/you wish..

Comment

So which of you MS-Access contractors has been building a database for Progressive?

They would have done better by offering a bounty on permie managers names and contact details - say a tenner each?
      It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by dude69 View Post
        OMG:

"We have just invested 5 million pounds in a market leading database, which allows us to mailshot your CV to over 1000 managers each day. "

I would be quite annoyed if an agency sent my CV to 1000 people every day.
        Not for nothing are they known as Aggressive.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

So (alledgedly) this one agency of job pimps have reaped in enough profits off of our hard work to hand a cool five mil over to a 'Yellow Pages' database?

I'd love to know who sold it to them - I bet they had ties with the CSA computer overhaul! If it was it is probably one poor manager getting a thousand unrelated CVs landing in his 'In' tray every morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
            I have just reviewed 3 CV's sent through from Progressive.

All I can say is, words fail me.
            A while back, HR at one company insisted on using Progressive. "The CVs look really good". So, we invited candidates to interview. They didn't turn up.

HR insisted after that on NOT using Progressive. At least one of those candidates, we found out later, was not aware his CV was put forward, and wasn't available.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Yes they are Regressive indeed, I nearly made a female consultant cry there once, foolish thing she was.
              That boy go raaaaaaa
              Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
                Yes they are Regressive indeed, I nearly made a female consultant cry there once, foolish thing she was.
                You must've felt very proud of yourself.

Comment

You must've felt very proud of yourself.
                  I did apologise. I lost it.
                  That boy go raaaaaaa
                  Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
                    £5mil they are either,

1. Telling porky pies.
                    2. Made a mistake and added an extra 0
                    3. Telling the truth but making it sound much more grand, the £5mil I suppose could include ongoing support, hardware, liciensing costs.
                    I don't know anything about buying a commercial database, but it always amazes me just how much such a project is stated to have cost.

5 mil seems at the low end, so I can believe that they could spend this much.

And I see no reason why hardware and licensing costs shouldn't be included in the spend, ISTM that this is actually going to be a significant amount of the total.

What do Oracle etc charge for such a licence? 500 grand, a million perhaps?

tim

Comment

Working...
                    X