• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Initial contact re contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Initial contact re contract

Hi,

I've just had an email from an agency asking me about a contract they have.

Is it common for them to mention the name of the company you would be working at and is it a good sign that they really want you?

Thanks,

Some agents mention the name of the company others don't.

However with the ones that don't you can often work out who the company is if the company is large enough or you have heard off them before through your networks.

The only reason to know who the company is is to prevent another agent putting your name forward again.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Thanks Sue Ellen,

Apparently this agency is the sole agency for the company anyway.

just been speaking to the guy from the agency and my cv is going forward. Apparently there are 2 posts and 4 cv's have been sent.

here's hoping.....

Comment

Originally posted by richclever View Post
        Thanks Sue Ellen,

Apparently this agency is the sole agency for the company anyway.

just been speaking to the guy from the agency and my cv is going forward. Apparently there are 2 posts and 4 cv's have been sent.

here's hoping.....

Fingers crossed for you - unless it's my job of course!
        It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Well, after a 5-10 minute telephone interview on Thursday, I finally got my first contract!!

The good times seem to have finally arrived!

Comment

Well done - and good luck.

Comment

Thanks.

If there are any members based on the Isle of Wight then get in touch. I don't know anything about the place.

Comment

Well done richclever.

Welcome to the club.
                Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Working...
                X