• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Agent tactic????

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happened to me too, last year. Allegedly, the client (local authority) had several jobs out that were very similar and I had been put forward for one with agency a and had applied for another through agency b, not knowing they were for the same client. Agency b then told me that I had already been put forward for the job. A quick call to agency a revealed that the client allegedly were happy to receive applications for both roles from the same people and agency a had automatically put me forward, along with other people. It was a right mess in the end and I ended up with nothing.

Comment

It's also quite possible that your cv hasn't been put forward by another agent, but that this agent has already put forward their allocation of cvs and are trying to fob you off....

Comment

Working...
      X