• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New Agent tactic????"

Collapse

• meridian
    replied
    It's also quite possible that your cv hasn't been put forward by another agent, but that this agent has already put forward their allocation of cvs and are trying to fob you off....

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Happened to me too, last year. Allegedly, the client (local authority) had several jobs out that were very similar and I had been put forward for one with agency a and had applied for another through agency b, not knowing they were for the same client. Agency b then told me that I had already been put forward for the job. A quick call to agency a revealed that the client allegedly were happy to receive applications for both roles from the same people and agency a had automatically put me forward, along with other people. It was a right mess in the end and I ended up with nothing.

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    So what is the correct course of action? Apart from finding the agency name and putting superglue in their locks?
    Um,

That's it

tim

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by WindyAnna View Post
    I'm pretty certain it's against REC rules so if you find out who they are and they are REC affliated company then report them there too.
    My experience with phoning REC to complain about an agency is:

Sweet Fanny Adams.

Leave a comment:

• WindyAnna
    replied
    I'm pretty certain it's against REC rules so if you find out who they are and they are REC affliated company then report them there too.

Leave a comment:

• Emily
    replied
    This happens all the time, even in busy periods.
    I'm pretty sure it is against the data protection act.

This is the most underhand way of doing it, also beware of the consultant who phones you about a job but won't tell you who the client is. I used to work in an agency and often we used to qualify and send candidates to the client and find out they were already submitted, when we asked the contractor why they didn't tell us this in the first place, it often turned out that another agency had sent them but hadn't told them who the client was.

Don't understand it myself, as it seems to just pee everyone off. Not least the client, who thinks that the candidate is a plonker for not even being aware of where his CV is going.

Apologies if I have 2 very similar posts on here. My computer had a funny turn earlier.

Leave a comment:

• robnjc
    replied
    There seems to be a lot of agents fishing for CVs at the moment too.

Leave a comment:

• Emily
    replied
    Yep, this happens a fair bit - even when the market is busy!

It is against the data protection act so you should kick up a right stink if you find out who it was!!!

It never makes much sense to me to be honest. They get the CV in front of the client first but they haven't qualified the candidate on rates or anything so undoubtedly the whole things falls through and they end up looking like a muppet in front of the candidate and client. Smooth!!!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    So what is the correct course of action? Apart from finding the agency name and putting superglue in their locks?

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    It's perfectly normal.

No, they shouldn't do it.

but yes they do - often

tim

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    I've heard of this before on more than one occasion....

Leave a comment:

• Fran
    started a topic New Agent tactic????

New Agent tactic????

I called an agent yesterday to chase up an application and they told me the client said I had already been put forward for the role by another agent!

This was the first application this year and I know the names of all the companies my CV has gone to. There is no way I have given permission to anyone other than this agent pass my details over.

The agent told me this is a new tactic as the market is so slow. Apparently some agents send CV's over to a job and get permission after they hear back!!

I'm trying to get the name of the agency at the moment. Cheeky £$%&&'s

Anyone else heard of this? Surely it's illeagal, decent agencies require an email confirming you are happy for them to represent you!

Working...
X