• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Opting out and contract extension

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opting out and contract extension

I have signed a notice of Opt out from "Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business regulations 2003" before commencement of my fisrt contract.

The Agency and my limited company had signed "Independent Contractors Agreement", and the Agency issued schedule for the first contract. Before commencement of the first contract I signed the opt out form which stated that the regulations do not apply to my limited company, without refereeing to any period.

Now for the extension, the Agency has issued a new schedule referring to the original agreement.

Question: Should I sign another opt out form for the extension or the original opt out form hold good?

Opt out

The agency should hold the original Opt Out alongside your newly signed contracts, in theory you don't need to sign a new one as far as I am aware. However, from my experience working in an agency you might want to get and sign a new copy just in case!

Comment

Working...
    X