• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Credit Crunch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Crunch

ppl,

what has been the effect of credit crunch on contractors/contracting? Have guys felt any effect?

Not felt owt yet. Just had an extension to start on Wednesday. Then again I'm not really in the financial sector and work more in eastern Europe and people over there are not up to their eye balls in debt......yet.

Comment

I pay mine off every month, so nope.

(I feel an article coming on...)
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by contractoruk View Post
        ppl,

what has been the effect of credit crunch on contractors/contracting? Have guys felt any effect?
        I got screwed on rate rise in October - got half the rise I wanted(one sixth of what I asked for). But now I have a year until Oct 2008.

I do hate ClientCo though - I am still looking round...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I got screwed on rate rise in October - got half the rise I wanted(one sixth of what I asked for). But now I have a year until Oct 2008.

I do hate ClientCo though - I am still looking round...
          That may not be due to the credit crunch. Perhaps the client thinks you are crap?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            That may not be due to the credit crunch. Perhaps the client thinks you are carp?
            trolling per chance?

is it not possible to have any serious thread here?

Comment

trolling per chance?

is it not possible to have any serious thread here?
              Only trolling slightly. I am not convinced that your lack of rate increase can wholly be attributed to the current global credit situation.

You got "half the rise you wanted". Well unfortunately in life what we want and what we get is not always the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                Only trolling slightly. I am not convinced that your lack of rate increase can wholly be attributed to the current global credit situation.

You got "half the rise you wanted". Well unfortunately in life what we want and what we get is not always the same thing.
                negotiations were going well until some new credit edict came round. I am on 2nd time at ClientCo - left 1st ime to get more money. Looks like history will repeat itself.

Comment

negotiations were going well until some new credit edict came round. I am on 2nd time at ClientCo - left 1st ime to get more money. Looks like history will repeat itself.
                  Fair enough. I would live with that answer as long as I was convinced it is genuine and not some bullshlte exscuse from clientcorp not to pay the higher rate. As you say the alternative might just be to move on.

Comment

IF anything its created more work for me, alot of the banks (wont mention there names), did not have easy access to data relating to the exposure to mortgage providers, current contract is to build a reporting tool that will allow this easy access, primarly on the US market, bet late then never

However a few friends at other banks have had projects pulled just before xmas due to cut backs as a result of Credit Crunch, they were at banks that had been hit pretty hard though.

Comment

Working...
                    X