• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working outside/without a contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working outside/without a contract

As a freelancer, I'm open to a wide variety of clients, from established companies offering several months of work to individuals wanting some small project done.
    For instance sources of work like GetAFreelancer.com do sometimes throw up realistically priced pieces of work. But these kind of jobs are often difficult to get a contract for. For a start my client might have no idea how to do this, and then neither of us wants to spend several hours forming a contract for a piece of work which is only going to take 1-2 days.
    I'm aware of the risks in terms of non-payment without a contract, but it's the tax situation I'm thinking about. Specifically, many clients of this type won't know how to make a wire transfer and often prefer to pay using PayPal. That's fine by me, except the PayPal account is in my name not my company's. Is there any problem with this kind of process, as long as I keep a clear paper trail of where money has come from?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Pcg?

Why not join the PCG, they have template contracts for most situations.

The mixing of your personal paypal account and the Company is not a good idea, are you running a business or not?

When PC World fix someones computer (for example) the contract is in their "terms and conditions", why not produce your onw version and use that for small bits of work.

Comment

Working...
    X