• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How on earth does a new freelancer know what rate to ask for?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Is it worth just asking 2X my current rate on new opportunities and seeing what happens?
    Yes it most certainly is. Go for it & good luck,

tl

Comment

Originally posted by zathras View Post
      Keep it close to you chest, let the agent make the first move. Oh, you do not have a bottom figure. NEVER, NEVER, EVER give a bottom figure. You look at the rates offered for roles in your area and give £X (the average, if that is what is enough for you), and wait for the agency to make an offer, if it is enough, your quids in.
      Not so sure I agree. I'll give a bottom rate based on location of the job and my monthly outgoings + 20%.
      Blood in your poo

Comment

Or if you do give a bottom figure, make sure it's really your top figure, because that's how it'll be treated.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
          Or if you do give a bottom figure, make sure it's really your top figure, because that's how it'll be treated.
          Exactly ...it's what i was trying to say but I've had a few Henney's tonight
          Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob View Post
            That's your problem right there. The US$ is worth naff all these days. Look for work in Europe, the Euro/Sterling is quite strong so rates will more likely reflect the £400 per day mark.
            I'd no idea, I assumed the US was the best place. It's a whole other thread really but is there much work around in the "work from home" area?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
            X