• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

confused newbie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

confused newbie

Hi,

I have been freelancing for over a year and I was just invoicing companies myself and filling out a self assessment form at the end of the tax year. I have just got a 3 month contract through a recruitment agency and they are telling me i will have to either setup as a LTD or go through a umbrella company. which is best and what happens to my self employment status?

g.

There are lots of information on this site about what you can do.

Read this for starters
    http://www.contractoruk.com/first_ti...ny_set_up.html

Also look on www.pcg.org.uk for their guide to freelancing.

Basically if you want to be in control of your finances and do NOT want to have the risk that the umbrella company goes bust then set up a limited.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 21 November 2007, 16:00. Reason: word missing
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      ... and do NOT want to have the risk that the umbrella company goes bust then set up a limited.
      I fink you mean.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        I fink you mean.
        Thanks
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
        X