• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Typically, how long a successfull telephonic interview lasts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Typically, how long a successfull telephonic interview lasts?

Typically, how long a successfull telephonic interview lasts for a Developer role?

20 minutes?
    30 minutes?
    45 minutes?

Blimey Ashwin, you've made 19 posts: 18 asking questions and 1 saying "Thanks for the responses". Are you Jeremy Paxman or what?

Still, I like the word "telephonic" so I'll answer you. Telephonic interviews are just to make sure you understand what's needed (i.e. whether an agent had been spinning you a yarn) and to make sure you're not completely unsuitable. So I'd say the shorter the better. It really depends on how many questions the interviewer's got and whether they've got the sense to stop asking them if you're blatently getting them all right (or wrong).

Comment

Depends on how good you are, and how hard they are trying to convince you to take the job.

Longest I've had was 90 minutes - 10 minutes of me telling them of what I could do, 80 minutes of them trying to convince me of how good the project would be to do.

Shortest was 15 minutes - can you fix these problems, yes, chatter for a bit.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I've only had two telephone interviews.
        The first one took about 10 minutes and I got the job, the second one had been going for 5 minutes when I was offered it.
        In my case it seems to be an advantage not to have a face-to-face interview
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

This gig was 10 minutes.

Previous telephonic interviews anything from 10mins to 30mins. The longer ones are when more than one person wants to interview me.

Basically if your CV is well structured they just want to check that you can do the job (they may throw in a few technical questions) and sound like a person they can work with.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
            I've only had two telephone interviews.
            The first one took about 10 minutes and I got the job, the second one had been going for 5 minutes when I was offered it.
            In my case it seems to be an advantage not to have a face-to-face interview
            Ahhhh - do you look "funny" Zippy?
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

had a java dev intv this morning on the phone and went for 50 mins... admittedly, i do tend to talk absolute rubbish... not sure if i got the job or they just couldn't get me off the blower!

Comment

I just finished one telephonic interview which lasted for about 10 minutes. For the next stage, I was asked to attend a face to face interview.

For another position, there was no telephonic interview, I was asked to attend face to face interview directly.

Not sure, if the face to face interview is the norm now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashwin2007 View Post
                  I just finished one telephonic interview which lasted for about 10 minutes. For the next stage, I was asked to attend a face to face interview.

For another position, there was no telephonic interview, I was asked to attend face to face interview directly.

Not sure, if the face to face interview is the norm now.
                  Normally, I don't do face to face interviews - if they're not convinced by my CV, then sod 'em. I might have a face to face next week, which is local, which would be my first for three years or so.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I've only ever had one telephonic interview and didn't get it; well actually I suspect there wasn't really a job and they just gave in to an agent badgering them. But I might be wrong.

All my other interviews have been personic.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X