• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday shift cover

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Tazman, that sounds like a good option.

Comment

End of Normal Day - Midnight: 1.5 x
      Midnight Onwards: 2 x
      Sat: 1.5 x
      Sun: 2 x
      Bank Holidays: 3 x

Comment

Be careful

I didn't get renewed once because I asked for extra money for covering late shifts whilst the 2 newbie contractors in the other team happily agreed to take time off in lieu.

Comment

Ask for 2 week days of TOIL in exchange !?

Comment

I'm not opposed to taking TOIL instead of cash, but the exchange rate needs to be better than 1:1

I don't work weekends for normal rates - whether that's paid in cash or in some other form.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

FWIF - If I work a weekend (only happened once in the past year) then it's the same daily rate as during the week.

Comment

Originally posted by kirk View Post
                FWIF - If I work a weekend (only happened once in the past year) then it's the same daily rate as during the week.
                Same here but then it has only happened once and I was finished by Lunch time.

Comment

I've been offered 2 days of TOIL in exchange for the Sunday 12 hour shift, but seeing as I work from home at least 2 days a week anyway, I'm not really sure that's worth my while.
                  I'm trying to say no without sounding obstructive!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    My current project asked me if I would work weekends. I asked what rate they were paying and was told "normal rate", so I politely declined.

There is another thread somewhere discussing what people charge for weekends - some don't charge extra and some do.

My rule is that it's double time on a weekend as a minimum. Depends how desperate they are - might go up to triple time!
                    I prefer to work weekends if I can.

Less people in the office and usually means I can have days off in the week get stuff doen when every muppet in the planet isnt out shopping with the misses.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                      I prefer to work weekends if I can.

Less people in the office and usually means I can have days off in the week get stuff doen when every muppet in the planet isnt out shopping with the misses.
                      Surely the roads are quieter on a Sunday anyway?
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X