• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any one feeling the pinch ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RightLaugh View Post
    anyone else had to get their trousers adjusted????
    Needed a belt...been eating more healthy of late...and the canteen at current gig is crap..so no bacon sarnies...

Comment

Agreed: it is slow right now... it'll pick up.

Comment

Having a child and sports injuries doesn't help.
        Was sick on sunday and managed to lose 5lbs over the weekend.
        Result.

Comment

Result.
          Bottled Gastroenteritis... millions to be made in the slimming world with the right marketing campaign!!!

Comment

By no means an expert (still looking for my first gig in order to jump off permie ship) but it's a lot quieter than everyone said it was (for me) - but that could just be me............

Comment

mmmmmm...

Looks good to me? Got 3 interviews this week (testing type roles...)

same old same old...

Comment

Result.
                You are TheRightStuff and I claim my two match points.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                  You are TheRightStuff and I claim my two match points.
                  You're Tim Henman so I'll beat you in 5 sets anyway.

Comment

Not sure about September, but last August was quite good. Darn ... I have a mate of mine arrived from Aus last Monday looking for a contract work. Hopefully it's going to be OK for him.

Comment

Pinched

Its always the same.... Contracting is a wild ride on the dark side... If you want consistent then go permy.

Just like having a kid, there’s no good time when you'll be financially stable enough to go for it and when you're there you will spend half the time regretting not having the ability to have some time away from it all without severe penalties. The good side is the gloating over the permies and the Big toys you can buy if you play it right.

Contracting is always up and down, most of the time its either flooded or empty.. save hard in good times and kick back in the slow, don’t try to force it or you'll end up taking a poo job at half the wages and the next one along will be all the harder to get back up.

From the time in the Contracting though there are certain times that do fall "lean"

-- Xmas and January.. don’t even think about it, no-one hires then, except on 100 year gaps if you know Cobol
                      -- End of summer.. Kids back to school no resource problems all holiday from the permies have been used up

Best times are
                      -- March/April - new budgets and spending the last ones

Or at least that’s what I have found!

nanoo nanoo

~Guh

Comment

Working...
                      X