• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working conditions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working conditions

Got an interview coming up for a large media co. based in Hampshire, just south of Reading. Good rate but it's away from home, so working conditions etc. will be a major part in the decision to take it or not. Anyone working, or worked, there before? I'd ask Mr. Branson but I can't seem to find his direct number
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

You talking about Vv*rgin M*edia? If so, this is Hook, so south of Basingstoke, not 'just south of Reading. Hook is very nice but anywhere along that stretch from Winchester through to Hartley Witney is. Avoid large parts of Basingstoke, although the train is quick between the two (about 3 mins).
    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

It is Hook, and since I'm asking if anyone has worked for them and how they found the experience I thought it best to be circumspect about the clients name. Plus, I'm from considerably further north than the Watford Gap and Reading was a place I could quickly place mentally as opposed to Basingstoke, which wasn't
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Never worked there, or for them.

But IIRC, there is a certain time of the week that every employee can contact Sir Richard with any ideas they have for the company. Direct line to the very top, which is quite a nice idea.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          It is Hook, and since I'm asking if anyone has worked for them and how they found the experience I thought it best to be circumspect about the clients name. Plus, I'm from considerably further north than the Watford Gap and Reading was a place I could quickly place mentally as opposed to Basingstoke, which wasn't
          Thanks for the lead

I have just rung them and told them that you spend all day on this site. They asked me to send them CVs, so be prepared for a rate battle with my cheap Indian and happy Hungarian
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            Thanks for the lead

I have just rung them and told them that you spend all day on this site. They asked me to send them CVs, so be prepared for a rate battle with my cheap Indian and happy Hungarian
            Nice one DA. Want any more leads. I know where SallyAnne, Lucy, Zeity and a few others are....
            Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

No, but I was approached by an agent for a job there. It was one of those that ask for two references before hand, and then it turned out the agent hadn't even slightly read my c.v. anyway and I wasn't at all right for the role.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
              X