• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Failure by client to meet contract terms...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may be missing something, but it seems to me that you have a contract which is expiring, and you still want notice for 28 days?

If the contract expires, then you don't need / want / get notice.

Or are they terminating the contract early?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

28 days

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      I may be missing something, but it seems to me that you have a contract which is expiring, and you still want notice for 28 days?

If the contract expires, then you don't need / want / get notice.

Or are they terminating the contract early?
      I have been on a rolling one month contract for 6 months now, the client ALWAYS renews 5-2 days before month end. I am expecting 28 days notice that this current extension is my last. No more no less, so yes I do expect notice of non-renewal, not just a lapse where nobody says anything and the contract expires.

Comment

Originally posted by Signo_cypher View Post
        I have been on a rolling one month contract for 6 months now, the client ALWAYS renews 5-2 days before month end. I am expecting 28 days notice that this current extension is my last. No more no less, so yes I do expect notice of non-renewal, not just a lapse where nobody says anything and the contract expires.
        I think you're expecting too much, to be honest.

If you are on a one month contract, then when it ends, it ends and that's it - there is no need to give notice that you won't be renewed (certainly not 28 days notice).

Whatever you are expecting, if the client decides not to renew your contract, then there is nothing you can do.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          I think you're expecting too much, to be honest.

If you are on a one month contract, then when it ends, it ends and that's it - there is no need to give notice that you won't be renewed (certainly not 28 days notice).

Whatever you are expecting, if the client decides not to renew your contract, then there is nothing you can do.
          Thanks for the clarification. I spoke to my contact at the agency and she says the client should give me 28 days notice! It really annoys me when agency staff dont know what they are talking about

Gonna start looking regardless for new roles as I am keen to not spend to much time on the bench.

Comment

It really annoys me when agency staff dont know what they are talking about
            I think you trust your agent way too much ...

I mean, your agent said this because that is what you wanted to hear and not because they thought so ...

Comment

Originally posted by sathyaram_s View Post
              I think you trust your agent way too much ...

I mean, your agent said this because that is what you wanted to hear and not because they thought so ...
              But she is really nice and always asks how me and the family are doing

Seriously through, if I am offered a renewal 2 days before the contract expires, I refuse it as I have new gig can I be held liable for anything? Is this where the 28 day notice is enforced? I assumme not.....

Comment

But she is really nice and always asks how me and the family are doing

Seriously through, if I am offered a renewal 2 days before the contract expires, I refuse it as I have new gig can I be held liable for anything? Is this where the 28 day notice is enforced? I assumme not.....
                Correct - if the contract is coming to the end, then neither side is obliged to offer or accept work.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Sounds like a pretty stupid contract though doesn't it? I mean like how can you have a 28 day notice period on a 1 month contract?

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
                    Sounds like a pretty stupid contract though doesn't it? I mean like how can you have a 28 day notice period on a 1 month contract?
                    I have a 30 day notice period on my 28 day contract.

Comment

Working...
                    X