• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should I renew PCG Insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I renew PCG Insurance

Renewal time for PCG. I had PCG Plus cover.

My position is:

Did a 6 month contract (B&C checked), finished earlier this year, outside IR35.
    My ltd is\has being struck off.
    All accounts are settled, etc.

I don't think there's much chance of Hector getting me in his sights. I had thought of taking out the standard cover for another year just to be safe, but am more inclined not to bother now.

I know it's only £120 (ish?!) but I reckon the chances of being selected are minimal (famous last words!).

Your call, but if Hector has agreed you can close the company down you should be safe. It might be prudent to keep the PCG cover running another year if you haven't had the final word from the taxman, they can still open an inquiry until they do. Like you say, it's £210 to cover off potentially £15k...

And I'd stick with PCG Plus - you are perhaps more likely to get an general investigation - expenses, PAYE records and so on - than a pure IR35 one on closedown, with Plus you are covered.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Strike off has been accepted by taxman & all forms have been submitted a while ago. In fact the only thing I'm waiting for is a refund from hector for PAYE (online incentive + refund).

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
        Strike off has been accepted by taxman & all forms have been submitted a while ago. In fact the only thing I'm waiting for is a refund from hector for PAYE (online incentive + refund).
        In that case it's probably worth the risk - but as you said yourself, £120 for certainty ain't a bad idea...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
        X