• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best time of year for IT Project Manager contracts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best time of year for IT Project Manager contracts?

Hi all,

What are the best months that contracts for IT Project Managers come up?
    I am permanent (not in the UK) but wish to swap into contracting and trying to figure out when to do that.

Many thanks all

Not when people are on hols (july + august).

Not in the run upto christmas or the new year early on.

So I'd wait till Sept time.

Comment

Well;

Jan to Feb is just post Xmas so very little will be done then.

Mar to April/May is Easter and the end/beginning of the Financial new year so very little will be done then.

June to September is Summer holidays, so very little will be done then.

October is ok.

November to December is Christmas IT freeze and Xmas holidays, so very little will be done then.

October's not bad then.

In truth, there is never a good time as things can move quickly and/or unbelieveably slowly. Either just go for it or don't as the rest will be procrastination.

Comment

Originally posted by simes
        Well;

Jan to Feb is just post Xmas so very little will be done then.

Mar to April/May is Easter and the end/beginning of the Financial new year so very little will be done then.

June to September is Summer holidays, so very little will be done then.

October is ok.

November to December is Christmas IT freeze and Xmas holidays, so very little will be done then.

October's not bad then.

In truth, there is never a good time as things can move quickly and/or unbelieveably slowly. Either just go for it or don't as the rest will be procrastination.
        i moved from perm to contract in March, but handed my notice in during Jan (had a 13wk notice). first contract was just over 4mths, this one came 2wks before the end of first and waited. I did find that Feb brought a lot more than Jan and that Jun / Jul dragged out due to peps being on hol.

just go for it. you wont regret it!
        I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Working...
        X