• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract direct with client

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract direct with client

I was contact directly by the client from Jobserve I think, had a 20 minuet chat this morning, sent me a contract seems ok, asked for a reference. Can't be this easy, am I missing something?

Any doom and gloomers around tonight
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Why not? I have done direct quite a bit. An agency does provide a bit more security I suppose, I lost £1500 last year when the client went broke. Just watch out for late paying, it's a bad sign. Is that gloomy enough?

PS They could be white slavers come to think of it.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
      Why not? I have done direct quite a bit. An agency does provide a bit more security I suppose, I lost £1500 last year when the client went broke. Just watch out for late paying, it's a bad sign. Is that gloomy enough?

PS They could be white slavers come to think of it.
      Thanks, what really pi$$ed me off was I didn't realise it was direct, I could have pitched the rate higher. Afraid to do anything now in case it falls out of bed.
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked
        Thanks, what really pi$$ed me off was I didn't realise it was direct, I could have pitched the rate higher. Afraid to do anything now in case it falls out of bed.
        Your a hooker?

If you client falls out of bed grab his wallet and run!

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
          Your a hooker?

If you client falls out of bed grab his wallet and run!
          Watch out! street cleaner's comming, you'll need to take your mind out of the gutter.
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

How on earth are you going to survive on minimum wage
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver
              How on earth are you going to survive on minimum wage
              Will have to find a cute guy to buy my La perla
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I had a chat once with a client. Convesation went like this:-

Them : Can you do X?
                Me : Yes
                Them : Can you do Y?
                Them : Can you start on Monday?

That was it. Took a couple of minutes and the contract was in the bag.
                Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Difference between dealing with an agent and a client, though - agents generally have an interest in getting your rate as high as possible; clients generally have an interest in getting your rate as low as possible!
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
                    I had a chat once with a client. Convesation went like this:-

Them : Can you do X?
                    Them : Can you do Y?
                    Them : Can you start on Monday?

That was it. Took a couple of minutes and the contract was in the bag.
                    Really should have said Yes to the last question by now. Is he still on the phone?

Comment

Working...
                    X