• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fishing ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fishing ?

Is it my imagination, or is this such a blatent fishing expedition ?

I require a number of Senior Project Managers with Prince 2 Methodology experience to provide project managements services to customers on high profile major projects in central London. Working with the business teams and stakeholders you will provide best fit solutions in line with clients wide objectives. Managing medium sized projects, you will be accountable for full project life cycle delivery such as project planning, risks and issues, quality, cost and managing 3rd party vendors and complex customers and suppliers. Proven detailed knowledge of software development methods, tools and delivery and ITIL processes for Service Management. Significant Project Management experience in a recognised methodology including Prince 2. Substantial breadth and depth of experience managing solutions covering at least two of the following areas: Infrastructure Projects (Hardware and Server), Software/Application Projects and Information/Data Projects (Data Extraction/Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence).

Modis?

I've got all those skills and that experience. CV has gone in (assuming Jobserve manage to deliver it, which they seem not to do quite often these days).

Got the usual "We're busy and will get back to you some time" answer, so I suspect it's going nowhere. Dean Silver doesn't want to talk about the role either.

I'll let everyone know if I hear anything but can't say I'm optimisitic...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Will you have time to go fishing after doing all that?

Comment

well they're trying to fill up their books with project managers.They don't have a particular client project in mind, but nor do they claim to. There's nothing wrong with that is there?

Comment

No, nothing wrong in doing that, except I'll give you good odds that next time they come up with a PM role it goes straight to Jobserve again. And also that none of the CVs they have harvested ever hear anything again.

Basically it's make work for the agency, adding no value to anything other than their activity log and wasting everyone's time.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
          X