• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

4 different CVs for 4 different roles..!! Good Idea..??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oloks
    How would you identify which role u have applied for, when a phone call comes in??
    Feck me, its not that hard - try a spreadsheet
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect
      Feck me, its not that hard - try a spreadsheet
      Would you always have a spread sheet on you.....say u get called while in Te$$co
      Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life

Comment

Originally posted by oloks
        Would you always have a spread sheet on you.....say u get called while in Te$$co
        I know, carry a pen and notepad!

Comment

Or you could say something like "I've spoken to a lot of agents this week, remind me - which role is it?"

FFS.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by JollyBoy
            Hi Guys,
            I have been working as contractor for 10 years in different roles, Test Manager, Test Automation Consultant, Test Lead, Test Analyst. Now since I am open to any of these roles I am having 4 different CVs focussing my experience in each of these roles. Same way 4 cover letters as well so that I can get attention from recruiters.

Is this a good idea..??? May be some point same recruiter may have 4 different CVs for 4 different roles. But I have to say 60% these CVs are the same. Test manager CV have more test management activities showing my test management experise & same way to other roles focussing on activities of that role.

I thought to take expert opinion of this forum on this..Please advise.
            It's what I do.
            Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Loew
              I know, carry a pen and notepad!
              I read this 2 mins ago and for some reason I can't stop laughing.

Comment

Working...
              X