• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

On chasing up agents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On chasing up agents

If an agent says he or she has submitted your CV to the client, but you don't hear anything back after say 2 weeks or so, is it really worth chasing the agent up, or should you just assume it's gone cold and move on?

P

Originally posted by Peter Loew
    If an agent says he or she has submitted your CV to the client, but you don't hear anything back after say 2 weeks or so, is it really worth chasing the agent up, or should you just assume it's gone cold and move on?

P
    what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by TheRightStuff
      what do you think?
      That wasn't the question.

Comment

Move on would be my advice....

Comment

P
          Invariably you'll hear at least something within a couple of days...
          The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
            Invariably you'll hear at least something within a couple of days...

No No , It is just that the agent is negotiating a better rate for you. Be patient.

Comment

That wasn't the question.
              Yes that was my question.

Comment

It's gone...that is if the position ever existed in the first place.

My general rule is that if I have not been offered the contract (i.e. already done the interview) within 7 working days of initially applying for it, is forget about it and move on.

Don't hang about waiting on the agent to demonstrate professionalism and common courtesy by informing you that he did not put you forward/client rejected your cv/you failed the interview because agents that act like that are few and far between

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise

Don't hang about waiting on the agent to demonstrate professionalism and common courtesy by informing you that he did not put you forward/client rejected your cv/you failed the interview because agents that act like that are few and far between

I second that all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise
                    It's gone...that is if the position ever existed in the first place.

My general rule is that if I have not been offered the contract (i.e. already done the interview) within 7 working days of initially applying for it, is forget about it and move on.

Thanks for the informed answer. I completely agree.

P

Comment

Working...
                    X