• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "On chasing up agents"

Collapse

• dotnetter
    replied
    I find it amazing how people can analyze things so much and worry about small stuff like this.

When I'm looking for work, I dish my CV out, answer my phone say yes if I want the job and forget about it. Eventually someone will ring back and say 'When can you interview', I go for interview and I forget about it again. Eventually someone will ring back and say 'When can you start'

Pretty simple process, the hardest bit is weeding out the good and bad projects.

Seriously I'd take a more chilled approach and relax, if your confident your skills are in demand then someone out there will take you on.

Leave a comment:

• anally retentive
    replied
    little tip - always take the email address of the consultant. then if you're not getting the right level of feedback, drop an email to him and tell him that as you've geard nothing from him and you feel you're suitable for the gig, you're going to contact 3 of his largest competitors to see if they've also got the business. the 2003 employment agencies act specifies that a client can choose who to take a candidate from up to the time of first interview request.

i can promise you nothing will shake up an agent more than knowing that he might lose a deal to a competitor...!!

Leave a comment:

• nucastle
    replied
    In my experience with recruitment agents - if the job exists, the client is interested in you and you have a chance at getting the job and making the agent their commission ..... then expect to be getting lots of calls and emails.

No contact from them means its a no-goer. Move on.

Leave a comment:

• Peter Loew
    replied
    Originally posted by Not So Wise
    It's gone...that is if the position ever existed in the first place.

My general rule is that if I have not been offered the contract (i.e. already done the interview) within 7 working days of initially applying for it, is forget about it and move on.

Don't hang about waiting on the agent to demonstrate professionalism and common courtesy by informing you that he did not put you forward/client rejected your cv/you failed the interview because agents that act like that are few and far between
    Thanks for the informed answer. I completely agree.

P

Leave a comment:

• young veteran
    replied
    Originally posted by Not So Wise

Don't hang about waiting on the agent to demonstrate professionalism and common courtesy by informing you that he did not put you forward/client rejected your cv/you failed the interview because agents that act like that are few and far between

I second that all day long.

Leave a comment:

• Not So Wise
    replied
    It's gone...that is if the position ever existed in the first place.

My general rule is that if I have not been offered the contract (i.e. already done the interview) within 7 working days of initially applying for it, is forget about it and move on.

Leave a comment:

• TheRightStuff
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter Loew
    That wasn't the question.
    Yes that was my question.

Leave a comment:

• 2uk
    replied
    Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
    Invariably you'll hear at least something within a couple of days...

No No , It is just that the agent is negotiating a better rate for you. Be patient.

Leave a comment:

• EqualOpportunities
    replied
    If an agent says he or she has submitted your CV to the client, but you don't hear anything back after say 2 weeks or so, is it really worth chasing the agent up, or should you just assume it's gone cold and move on?

P
    Invariably you'll hear at least something within a couple of days...

Leave a comment:

• kirk
    replied
    Move on would be my advice....

Leave a comment:

• Peter Loew
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRightStuff
    what do you think?
    That wasn't the question.

Leave a comment:

• TheRightStuff
    replied
    If an agent says he or she has submitted your CV to the client, but you don't hear anything back after say 2 weeks or so, is it really worth chasing the agent up, or should you just assume it's gone cold and move on?

P
    what do you think?

Leave a comment:

• Peter Loew
    started a topic On chasing up agents

On chasing up agents

P

Working...
X