• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank Holidays

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank Holidays are the bane of the contractor, get used to it.

As for 1 month contracts, it implies the company is unsure as to how much work they have that needs to be done, or they are unsure as to your ability. If it is ability related you will likely get a 3 month offer at extension time, if it is budget related the 1 monthers will keep on rolling.

Comment

Bank holiday

Hi,

My situation is slightly different as I am allowed upto 40 hours a week. I normally do 8 hrs a day but am planning on putting in some extra time each day during the next week. Is it a good idea?

Regards.

Comment

I am in the same boat mate. I used to love Bank holidays when I was a permie but now I hate them bye bye one more days pay and the weather sucks

Comment

Originally posted by cartlidgea
          I am in the same boat mate. I used to love Bank holidays when I was a permie but now I hate them bye bye one more days pay and the weather sucks
          Yeah, but think of all the days you do work and all the cash you earn (at a higher rate than permies) whilst you are. Surely it can't be that dreadful to enjoy the day off? If the weather sucks, get an xbox.

You're a long time dead mate. It's only money.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut
            You're a long time dead mate. It's only money.

apparently contractors get paid bank holidays in heaven...

Comment

Originally posted by conqurer
              Hi,

My situation is slightly different as I am allowed upto 40 hours a week. I normally do 8 hrs a day but am planning on putting in some extra time each day during the next week. Is it a good idea?

Regards.
              how are you paid ? by the hour , professional day or completion of work - s9ounds a bit like client control to me...
              Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by conqurer
                Hi,

Regards.
                Remember you get paid your daily rate no matter what youj work. A day in contractor terms is loosely reagrded as anyting from 1 min - 24 hours

if you are working on a project basis , it's normally the middle part that the days are long, then begining and towards the end they are short, so it's swings and roundabouts really
                threenine.co.uk
                Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

Originally posted by cykophysh39
                  Remember you get paid your daily rate no matter what youj work. A day in contractor terms is loosely reagrded as anyting from 1 min - 24 hours

if you are working on a project basis , it's normally the middle part that the days are long, then begining and towards the end they are short, so it's swings and roundabouts really
                  If ne's paid a daily rate - I've seen contracts that specify an hourly rate and then a "minimum" and "maximum" hours per week.
                  Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Working...
                  X