• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newbie - Limited Company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie - Limited Company

I have started a limited company and offering IT services. At present I am the sole shareholder and director.

Assuming I am within IR35,

(1) Should I operate PAYE?

(2) Am I liable to pay NI for company as well as NI on payaments to the director? Does that mean that I end up paying twice as much NI if had chosen to operate as a sole trader?

(3) Is there any tax calculator web link available for limited company tax calculations?

For what its worth !!

My advice would be firstly don't assume you are within IR35 and secondly find a good accountant.

Comment

Search you lazy bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by weemster
        My advice would be firstly don't assume you are within IR35 and secondly find a good accountant.
        I like my phrase better.

Comment

Sorry to spoil the party but I'm in a good mood since chelski winning in extra time = £230 for me

Originally posted by Ashwin2007
          (1) Should I operate PAYE?
          YES

(2) Am I liable to pay NI for company as well as NI on payments to the director? Does that mean that I end up paying twice as much NI if had chosen to operate as a sole trader?
          YES

(3) Is there any tax calculator web link available for limited company tax calculations?
          Ask you accountant or read you employers pack, It comes with a calculator
          Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

It looks very strange to me. So does that mean that having limited company and operating within IR35 means paying 11% additional tax (employers NI), besides spending on managing company.. ..

It appears to me that being inside IR35 and operating as Limited company is a bad option.. Any thoughts?

Comment

Drivel is my speciality

Comment

It looks very strange to me. So does that mean that having limited company and operating within IR35 means paying 11% additional tax (employers NI), besides spending on managing company.. ..

It appears to me that being inside IR35 and operating as Limited company is a bad option.. Any thoughts?
                I think you need to do some reading. First timer guide on here, the PCG one at www.pcg.org.uk, there's another one on the SJD website, there's a sticky in Accounting that explains why LtdCo is the cheapest way regardless... But if you're using an umbrella, you are paying full tax anyway so IR35 makes no difference.

Incidentally, your other thread seems to indicate you aren't inside IR35 anyway, so basically you need to go back to the drawing board and try again.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                X