• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

html & javascripters - What are the ave Rates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My perception in this region is that of many contractors chasing few contracts. Hence rates stay low. Then again I've not looked far beyond Jobserve - there may be many contracts being advertised or made available elsewhere that I'm not aware of.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65
      The rates do seem to vary enormously, but I've been contracting for 7 years now and I've never gone below 300 quid a day in all that time. That's just for the stuff I mentioned - Classic ASP and the usual web gubbins to go with it.

Most the time I've been contracting in the North West, apart from a year with a French company.

First thing I do when I get a phone call is check it's definitely a contract role and then confirm that my rate is acceptable. If it's not then just say thanks and bye. If people are accepting under 200 quid a day for that kind of experience then they're being taken for a ride because the clients will pay more, and quite rightly too.
      But you've been on the bench for 6 of those 7?

Comment

so are u all htmlers and javascripters

Comment

Originally posted by tonygurnick
          so are u all htmlers and javascripters
          What does that even mean? Do you mean web designer or web developer?

I am in software development, often this software runs on web servers and sometimes in the web browser but I am not fussed whether it is a web site or not really as they all present their own challenges and rewards.

I think we have a variety of skills on here.
          All that is necessary for evil members to succeed is that good members post nothing

Comment

sorry i meant developers

Comment

Working...
            X