• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 - close your eyes and make it disappear

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny
    He was a shareholder actually (father, son and HG were one of the same) and probably took salary and tax free divis. That's what the tax inspector was there for to give the 'official view' on what was acceptable.

When Jesus prayed to his heavenly father, was his father acting as an MSC (My Son Christ) because he benefitted on an ongoing basis from bestowing special powers on his son to heal and teach?
    Christ, Denny

We are talking back payments going back at least 2,000 years!!
    Hope he had insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak
      [DENNY] That would make him an EB, of course...[/DENNY]
      Well, no. If an electrical contracting company takes on subcontracting electricians ("subbies"), that doesn't make them an EB. And it doesn't make the subbies come under IR35.

But the critical thing there is that the subbies do (sub-)contract to the electrical contracting company, not to the client. So the elec Co is not an intermediary.

OTOH they are not subject to control, in the sense that nobody tells them how to wire something up (they have to know that already), just what to wire up. So no IR35.

I''m still struggling to see the difference with us, except that our agencies/EBs manage not to take responsibility for anything, but still stick themselves in the way.

Hmm, on second thoughts I suppose the disciples were subject to a substantial amount of control, so maybe they were disguised employees.
      God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Working...
      X