• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Identity & Passport Service contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identity & Passport Service contract

I was hoping someone here has worked or knowns anything about working at the IPS. I'm a premie and have been offered an interview for a well paid 6-month contract role at this place and wanted to get some feedback on what its like to work there. Is it full of contractors or permies or consultant types? Is it seen as bit of a gravy train for contractors i.e. do they usually offer extentions, loads of politics. (in)competent managers, etc

I would appreciate any help.

Originally posted by Fips
    I was hoping someone here has worked or knowns anything about working at the IPS. I'm a premie and have been offered an interview for a well paid 6-month contract role at this place and wanted to get some feedback on what its like to work there. Is it full of contractors or permies or consultant types? Is it seen as bit of a gravy train for contractors i.e. do they usually offer extentions, loads of politics. (in)competent managers, etc

I would appreciate any help.
    Those are fairly irrelevant (not to say dumb) questions, I have to say. Obvious you're a permie...

Can you do the job? Can you justfy your rate? Will it lead to better things? Those are the questions you need answering

If you go in as a contractor, why do you care what the people are like, you're there to deliver something. If you really can't stand it, you leave and try somewhere else. Think contractor...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
    X