• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do you manage gaps in CV?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alphadog View Post
    I work outside of IT. I just use years for projects/roles on my CV (eg, Project X, 2022-2024). Probably less useful if your projects/roles are regularly measured in a few weeks/months. No one has ever asked for months instead or questioned any apparent gaps. I've been contracting for most of the last 22 years, so there are many projects that have slipped off the end of my CV or I don't think are relevant to include anyway.
    I've tried to use a CV which is skills based and includes some mini-case studies for projects. Any traditional IT recruiters that have seen it usually react by their brain melting as they cannot comprehend anything other than a reverse chronological standard format CV.

Comment

there are various ways to do this:

1. Training
      2. Business development (if under Limited)
      3. Travelling (seen someone do this with 4 periods of this and has no problems finding work)

Comment

Working...
      X