• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What can recruiters see in Linkedin?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Linkedin Premium is saying "you are in the top 10% of applicants", maybe it is saying to the recruiter:

"here are the top 10% of applicants, shall I delete the rest to save you the effort of reading them?"
    ​​​
    the recruitment consultant might be happy for the time saved, but maybe in a few years linkedin premium could do the whole recruitment process?

Comment

Originally posted by reddog View Post
      If Linkedin Premium is saying "you are in the top 10% of applicants", maybe it is saying to the recruiter:

"here are the top 10% of applicants, shall I delete the rest to save you the effort of reading them?"

​​​
      the recruitment consultant might be happy for the time saved, but maybe in a few years linkedin premium could do the whole recruitment process?
      When you see applicant numbers in the hundreds and even thousands, then reducing it to 10% of the pile isn't going to be enough.

I saw an IT Director job for a global multi-national on Linkedin yesterday, albeit perm. Almost 200 applicants in less than 24 hours.

I've heard from numerous recruiters that the IT leadership market has been poor this year, but even so, that indicates that for all kinds of roles, a substantial proportion are 'spray and pray' with negligible chance of getting past the first sifting. Sadly, your odds are so low, even if you are a really good match.

I very rarely apply for online roles because of this. The last one was probably a good as fit as I could possibly get and I got an automated rejection 5 minutes after submitting my application on LinkedIn.

Comment

Working...
      X