• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Subcontracting and NDAs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subcontracting and NDAs

My contract allows for subcontracting, provided confidentiality is maintained. I’m considering using this to screenshare and brainstorm on a few knotty issues, possibly hand over keys/access further down the line if I can carve a few self-contained bits out.

Has anyone tackled NDAs/non-compete in this kind of situation? I’m thinking to just copy and paste over my contract, and remove anything obviously irrelevant.

Plenty of templates on the web for NDAs, so why butcher something that's not meant for that purpose?
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      Plenty of templates on the web for NDAs, so why butcher something that's not meant for that purpose?
      I'm assuming that any confidentiality clauses in my contract with the agency have been passed down from the agency's contract with the end-client, so why not just repeat the same? And at the same time I can include the non-compete to avoid any risk of the subcontractor going and trying to do the work directly.

I'm open to the idea that a template would be better, although the logic of just doing a passthrough of existing clauses is quite compelling?

Comment

Originally posted by zerosum View Post

I'm assuming that any confidentiality clauses in my contract with the agency have been passed down from the agency's contract with the end-client, so why not just repeat the same? And at the same time I can include the non-compete to avoid any risk of the subcontractor going and trying to do the work directly.

I'm open to the idea that a template would be better, although the logic of just doing a passthrough of existing clauses is quite compelling?
        Your call, but the contract will cover things like IPR, payment terms and other stuff specific to the engagement. They may not necessarily translate down to a sub-contractor relationship. Ideally you need a clear (if simple) contract for that engagement plus a separate - to be precise, legally enforceable, unambiguous - NDA for the individual subbie.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Your call, but the contract will cover things like IPR, payment terms and other stuff specific to the engagement. They may not necessarily translate down to a sub-contractor relationship. Ideally you need a clear (if simple) contract for that engagement plus a separate - to be precise, legally enforceable, unambiguous - NDA for the individual subbie.
          Makes sense. I presume you'd put the non-compete bits in the clear/simple contract?

Comment

Working...
          X