• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should I expect an SDS for Inside-IR35 contact?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I expect an SDS for Inside-IR35 contact?

I've just been offered a new contract that's described as Inside IR35. It's with a large well-know multinational bank. I've provisionally accepted, subject to contract wording etc, and have asked the agent to supply a KID, SDS, umbrella PSL, etc.

The response from the agent was "we don't have an SDS, the client has blanket declared all roles as inside". This surprised me somewhat as I thought that a Status Determination Statement (SDS) was mandatory regardless of whether a role is inside or out.

So, should I be expecting an SDS for in Inside role? If they refuse to provide an SDS, is this a red flag? Does it really make any difference if I'm going to use an umbrella anyway?

Thanks

Originally posted by zcapr17 View Post
    I've just been offered a new contract that's described as Inside IR35. It's with a large well-know multinational bank. I've provisionally accepted, subject to contract wording etc, and have asked the agent to supply a KID, SDS, umbrella PSL, etc.

The response from the agent was "we don't have an SDS, the client has blanket declared all roles as inside". This surprised me somewhat as I thought that a Status Determination Statement (SDS) was mandatory regardless of whether a role is inside or out.

So, should I be expecting an SDS for in Inside role? If they refuse to provide an SDS, is this a red flag? Does it really make any difference if I'm going to use an umbrella anyway?

Thanks
    The agent has screwed up there - the bank won't have blanket declared all roles inside - that's illegal.

The bank will have a ban on the use of Personal Service Companies - as that's legal and doesn't require determinations to be made.

It also makes things come next April a bit easier were you to stay..
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      The bank will have a ban on the use of Personal Service Companies - as that's legal and doesn't require determinations to be made.

It also makes things come next April a bit easier were you to stay..
      Thanks for the expert clarification eek . All makes sense...

Comment

Working...
      X