• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contingent Work - Contracts - Temp-to-Perm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless it is something lasting a week I barely take any notice of length of contract anymore. If the work is still there then they will renew you and if it isn't you will be soon gone.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
      Unless it is something lasting a week I barely take any notice of length of contract anymore. If the work is still there then they will renew you and if it isn't you will be soon gone.
      I'm the same, but wisdom and experience tells us that even when work is there they still can cut the contract short or not renew. Madness sometimes but it happens. I do get frustrated when there is still a good outcome to be achieved but politics/budget screw it up. Hate leaving work unfinished.

Great thing about thinking like Sussex is you get a momentary feeling of elation every time the renewal comes through and then it's back to work. Expecting a renewal is 'meh' when you get it and utter disappointment when you don't.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

I'm the same, but wisdom and experience tells us that even when work is there they still can cut the contract short or not renew. Madness sometimes but it happens. I do get frustrated when there is still a good outcome to be achieved but politics/budget screw it up. Hate leaving work unfinished.

Great thing about thinking like Sussex is you get a momentary feeling of elation every time the renewal comes through and then it's back to work. Expecting a renewal is 'meh' when you get it and utter disappointment when you don't.
        I should have said work available and they are willing to pay you to do it but you take my point.

Don't get me wrong, I preferred being renewed to not being renewed but other than the obvious doing the work well I am not sure there is much you can do about other factors so why worry about it?

Comment

Working...
        X