• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newbie - Does anyone have any experience of Paystream

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie - Does anyone have any experience of Paystream

Good morning Contractors....

I am currently a Permie with IBM and am leaving Big Blue after a 9 year stint to go contracting for the first time... I am very excited.

Firstly can I congratulate you all on such a great site. Well administered and excellent in terms of content... I have been most impressed.

Now, to the question... As a newbie I have read through the Ltd vs Umbrella discussions etc etc and think I know which way I want to go.

I am talking with a company called Paystream, who (so far) have been excellent on the phone, very helpful and knowledgeable... (they want my business I hear you all cry...) Hence I wanted to test the water here and see if anyone had any experience with them and what that experience was, good or bad. I have a few days before I need to make a decision, and would greatly appreciate any help / support / advice from the experience contractor market (enough sucking up!!!???!!! )

Many thanks,
    Dan

Darren or SJD are the way to go.

Comment

use a brolly - ignore the advice from sockmuppet

paystream are ok but for total piece of mind try the PCG (QU) product

if after 12 months you still fancy contracting look at limited

Comment

Originally posted by jh0711
        use a brolly - ignore the advice from sockmuppet
        I'll remind you of that come April.

Comment

please do!!

Comment

Get your own company, join up to the Flat Rate VAT, keep the interest on your own money, claim expenses etc.

If you can manage to post some documents each month you can operate your own Ltd company.

Alan

Comment

Listen to NW - if I need to change accountants I'll go with them...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Im with umbrella until end of March then im with Nixon Williams with my Ltd company, I would have prefered to start with Ltd but couldnt get a business bank account or VAT set up in time.

Comment

Well, I've just left Paystream and gone with Darren@1stAccountancy (in the business sense, not the Biblical one).

If you really need to go down that route, then Paystream are definitely one of the better options, but you have plenty of time to set yourself up with a Ltd, and use one of the 3 accountants who are recommended here time after time.

I was basically forced / lied to / tricked into going with Paystream by the agency that found me my first contract, so that they could make a little bit more commission out of me. I don't blame Paystream for this, and they did a very good job for my company while I used them, but the more I realised how that agency had shafted me, the more I just wanted to get away from the whole thing.

To be fair to Paystream, they were very professional and very accomodating about my move (although a little slow at times), and I know that they are being very proactive about the legislation change for April 7th.

Basically, if you're really worried about doing things yourself, or just lazy, go with Paystream. If you're not, then set up your own Ltd. If you want any more info, feel free to PM me.

Comment

Then again, I ain't worth listening to

Comment

Working...
                    X