• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newbie - Does anyone have any experience of Paystream

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Will808
    Then again, I ain't worth listening to
    . . . and yet you make so much sense

Comment

Guys,
      Thanks very much for all the advice, I appreciate it all... It is likely that I'll go with Paystream to start with, and move over to a Ltd company in 6 months or so when my contract ends and I (hopefully) get another one...

I will keep an eye on this thread in case any additional advice comes in. Keep up the good work...!

Comment

Umbrella after April

Looking at the Parasol website, they claim that they will continue as normal after april and state that legitimate business expenses will still be something 'their' contractos can claim for. Does everyone feel this is true?

Also, is there any difference to being inside IR35 and outside if you use an umbrella?

Comment

Originally posted by youngguy
          Also, is there any difference to being inside IR35 and outside if you use an umbrella?
          Contracting via an umbrella will be worse (financially) then being caught by IR35, this is due to:

1. No 5% allowance can be claimed
          2. You cannot join the Flat Rate VAT scheme and so save 3.4% in year 1
          3. There fees tend to be higher than getting your own accountant to sort things.

Alan

Comment

Working...
          X