• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Private pension insurance in Germany

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private pension insurance in Germany

Hi everyone,

I got a one year job offer in Germany as a wind turbine maintenance leader. I am trying to figure it out how much my net salary would be and does it worth the effort to move there for one year. In this net salary calculator there is an option of private pension insurance. Is the private pension insurance free to choose or there are some strings attached to it? Is the private pension insurance freely selectable or is it linked to certain conditions? I would rather have a private health insurance in the UK as, finger crossed, I am planning to retire here.

Regards,
    Run

Why does a wind turbine maintenance person need to know about Stack Overflow? Hobby or something?

Originally posted by Run Guran View Post

Do they check your contribution on Stackoverflow?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I use Python and SQL databases on a daily basis for data analysis. The job is not a technician job. It is more or less about data analysis(SCADA) to identify root cause of some failure and act as a cross functional member: coordinate maintenance as well also propose future detection methods.

Comment

Whether you pay into the public pension depends on whether you're employed. If you're self-employed then you don't pay into it. Unless you intend to stay indefinitely in Germany I wouldn't bother with a private pension, just continue with your UK arrangements. If you are employed the employer will deduct the pension and you will have no option.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

You may well have had an offer to work in Germany but will you be allowed to is the question. As you may recall, there was a referendum a while back which took away your freedom of movement to work in most other European countries without getting work permits, visas, etc. I would make sure that your prospective employer has got all that sorted first and if you are allowed, then once you're in Germany you're going to have to do a fair bit of paperwork and also pay into the social insurance schemes. Be prepared...speak with your prospective employer about all of this
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

darmstadt thank you for the advice. I just sent a detailed email with my concerns, including your feedback.

Comment

Working...
            X