• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outside IR35 JobBoard / Alert Service

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ensignia View Post

I can't believe how bad Jobserve's platforms still are. Barely seems to have changed from the mid 90s in terms of look and functionality.

https://web.archive.org/web/19971210....jobserve.com/
    If it ain't broken why waste money fixing it?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

FWIW - after following this thread I used freelanceruk.co.uk and received two offers (both outside) from agencies I have had no prior experience with (I also had two interviews via LI contacts). Accepted one of the engagements and start a week Monday.
      The keyword search facility needs working on, but I thought the interface was significantly better than JS

So, thank you Andy for sharing the link!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Quite.

In terms of ease, it is the only platform I will look at; the belief being that most, if not all jobs are pasted across the same top four or five platforms.

And of them, JS still works for me. Indeed the older of the two 'views' is what I use. Sticking a job advert up should follow the same ideas as a piece of card in the Post Office Quick Ads window; a cursory scan should be all you need to commit to, to see if it worth digger a little deeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Scholes blurred vision View Post
          FWIW - after following this thread I used freelanceruk.co.uk and received two offers (both outside) from agencies I have had no prior experience with (I also had two interviews via LI contacts). Accepted one of the engagements and start a week Monday.
          The keyword search facility needs working on, but I thought the interface was significantly better than JS

So, thank you Andy for sharing the link!
          Congratulations!
          https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
            Got sent this by someone I know. They have built a job board solely for UK Contracts. One neat feature is you can filter by IR35 status.

https://freelanceruk.co.uk/jobs/?ir3...Outside%20IR35
            Why do you 'refine by salary range' when really it should be 'hourly rate' range? Unless, of course, the expectation is that all these outside IR35 workers are salaried

The Salary filter also doesn't work properly. How does selecting £20-30 an hour return a gig offering £900-1100 a day? That assumes you're working 30 hours a day if you're on £30 an hour and charging £900 a day...
            Last edited by ladymuck; 14 February 2022, 12:31.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Jobserve still my go-to...

Comment

Working...
              X