• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weird case of underkilled employment.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird case of underkilled employment.

So recently I have applied for one job offer, my interviewers were from India. Everything went fine but then I got no answer for like 4 weeks. From curiosity (hoping for feedback) I have asked agent and by mistake he attached chain of mails to my response. I have seen his correspondence with another Indian dude that I have tracked on linkeddin (being curious if he got the job). So I was surprised that he actually got the job without any kind of previous experience in the area the job was about...

I may be wrong here but are Indian recruitment agencies working like some kind of caste trying to promote only Indians (for either lower rate or treating local UK profiles as background for a client to present cheaper candidate).

Anyone else got case like that? Its rare to find and confirm as it was agent mistake to include chain of emails but nevertheless I wanted to ask if you guys had such a case in your previous applications? For me is kind of important as getting lots of calls if this would be true / close to being true I would prefer not to waste time with some Indian agencies / recruiters if the possibility to get the job would be so low...

it probably did you some good as working for those kind of companies usually is a nightmare.

but to address your question yes, that sounds like an indian agency operating in the UK and it is more common than you think of.

they would have messed you about with payments and try to micromanage you all the way so ... probably for the best.

probably not specifically due to lack of skills but they are more likely looking for someone that is more "culturally fit" for their company and treating people - someone that takes the bullying and abuse without fightback.

and this probably belongs in general as it is more gossipy than bussinisy.

I wouldn't worry about finding a new better gig, just don't waste time with the shoddy ones and keep applying. market is the best it has been in a very long while.

Comment

I'll take a stab at the Indian guy being about a third of your rate.

Indian recruitment agencies working like some kind of caste trying to promote only Indians
      I am a little surprised you even have to ask this question but again, think of the rate the Indians are happy to work for and it all falls in to place.
      Last edited by northernladuk; 20 October 2021, 11:41.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
        it probably did you some good as working for those kind of companies usually is a nightmare.

but to address your question yes, that sounds like an indian agency operating in the UK and it is more common than you think of.

they would have messed you about with payments and try to micromanage you all the way so ... probably for the best.

probably not specifically due to lack of skills but they are more likely looking for someone that is more "culturally fit" for their company and treating people - someone that takes the bullying and abuse without fightback.

and this probably belongs in general as it is more gossipy than bussinisy.

I wouldn't worry about finding a new better gig, just don't waste time with the shoddy ones and keep applying. market is the best it has been in a very long while.
        I have indeed noticed that they are usually very submissive, but what is interesting once they started to work for normal agency - they never want to go back to Indian one. Thanks for answers - I will keep applying, indeed market is interesting!

Comment

What's the skillset? What is the Agency name?

Comment

Originally posted by shabak View Post
            So recently I have applied for one job offer, my interviewers were from India. Everything went fine but then I got no answer for like 4 weeks. From curiosity (hoping for feedback) I have asked agent and by mistake he attached chain of mails to my response. I have seen his correspondence with another Indian dude that I have tracked on linkeddin (being curious if he got the job). So I was surprised that he actually got the job without any kind of previous experience in the area the job was about...

I may be wrong here but are Indian recruitment agencies working like some kind of caste trying to promote only Indians (for either lower rate or treating local UK profiles as background for a client to present cheaper candidate).

Anyone else got case like that? Its rare to find and confirm as it was agent mistake to include chain of emails but nevertheless I wanted to ask if you guys had such a case in your previous applications? For me is kind of important as getting lots of calls if this would be true / close to being true I would prefer not to waste time with some Indian agencies / recruiters if the possibility to get the job would be so low...
            they need to show proof they interviewed local people I presume to meet some quota - you were a tick box excercise

Comment

Working...
            X