• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Problem with notice on a contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GitMaster69 View Post

about hiring help when needed? contracting or business?
    Seems not.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

It is not possible to force you to complete the contract. For them to sue for breach of contract they have to prove material loss. If you make a bit of effort to handover properly then they won't suffer that.

Simply inform them that you will no longer be available after a particular date and wish to start the handover as soon as possible to ensure they are not adversely affected. If you have a substitution clause, then put some serious effort into finding a sub that you will train on your own time.

You're supposed to be a business, act like one!
      I'll say I want to renegotiate contract to allow me to substitute or will leave in a week because of stream of clients and unable, as a director, to cope with a load of work

Comment

I'll say I want to renegotiate contract to allow me to substitute or will leave in a week because of stream of clients and unable, as a director, to cope with a load of work
        How is it possible to have had so much good advice and then respond to everyone with utter garbage? Oh right, becauese you are just trolling.

If you aren't allowed to substitute you don't have an outside contract. And I've clue you've no idea what substituting involves, along with everything else.

Comment

It's a four week gig, not even suity can get found out by a client they are tulip that quickly
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

How is it possible to have had so much good advice and then respond to everyone with utter garbage? Oh right, becauese you are just trolling.

If you aren't allowed to substitute you don't have an outside contract. And I've clue you've no idea what substituting involves, along with everything else.
            Cool story bro

Comment

Cool story bro
              Seems I've managed to get your status see<--- set correctly.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Seems I've managed to get your status see<--- set correctly.
                My work pattern is as outside and as detached from client as its possible. /thread

Comment

My work pattern is as outside and as detached from client as its possible. /thread
                  Except the bit where you have to re-negotiate to allow substitution?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Except the bit where you have to re-negotiate to allow substitution?
                    I had a day with lots of ideas how to get even richer.
                    I'm invoking notice tomorrow.
                    Thanks everyone for help , except for northernlad.

xD

Comment

I had a day with lots of ideas how to get even richer.
                      I'm invoking notice tomorrow.
                      Thanks everyone for help , except for northernlad.

xD
                      You are welcome.

Comment

Working...
                      X