• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OrangeGenie/Salary Sacrifice to SIPP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OrangeGenie/Salary Sacrifice to SIPP

So - Got pushed inside, joined umbrella, setup salary sacrifice to my SIPP to max take. Wasn't sure how long the contract would run for so maxed out contribution.
    Now I am pushing the 40k limit so got in touch to cancel it, no can do they say, government say you are locked in for a year so you have to keep piling money in and suck up the tax charge, unless you have encountered a significant 'lifestyle' change.......for fcks sake.
    Fck that says me, change it or I will join another umbrella and ditch yours.

So - Anyone else got snagged with this ?
    Anyone recommend an umbrella ? pension flexibility not relevant as I just need the cash out now.
    Cheers all

I think you are being told BS from OrangeGenie, I am with NASA and can change my pension contributions at any time
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
      So - Got pushed inside, joined umbrella, setup salary sacrifice to my SIPP to max take. Wasn't sure how long the contract would run for so maxed out contribution.
      Now I am pushing the 40k limit so got in touch to cancel it, no can do they say, government say you are locked in for a year so you have to keep piling money in and suck up the tax charge, unless you have encountered a significant 'lifestyle' change.......for fcks sake.
      Fck that says me, change it or I will join another umbrella and ditch yours.

So - Anyone else got snagged with this ?
      Anyone recommend an umbrella ? pension flexibility not relevant as I just need the cash out now.
      Cheers all
      is this a new scheme or was it an existing one. If the latter, have you used up all your previous allowances from the past 3 years?

As for your other question - Clarity as that is always going to be the default option.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        I think you are being told BS from OrangeGenie, I am with NASA and can change my pension contributions at any time
        You are not supposed to - This is about the only thing where OrangeGenie are correct, pension contributions can only be changed annual unless significant events occur.

The get out is of course to change Umbrella..

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

is this a new scheme or was it an existing one. If the latter, have you used up all your previous allowances from the past 3 years?

As for your other question - Clarity as that is always going to be the default option.
          Good shout, the 3 years backdate has worked well but used all that up now till next April
          Noted about Clarity - thanks

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post

Good shout, the 3 years backdate has worked well but used all that up now till next April
            Noted about Clarity - thanks
            The one thing I would point out is that getting the agency to change umbrella may be a slight problem, so it may be worth checking who else is on the agencies PSL and picking one of those umbrellas.

Comment

Thanks Eek, as expected they do have a preferred list, said it was no issue changing so it's all good

Comment

Working...
              X