• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Strange request

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In this case there was no job ad, no JD, and the role quite senior. I get the idea of the video application saving some time for the client, but it’s not like they’ll be getting hundreds of CVs here.

in this market it is contractors who have the high volume of opportunities, and I’m prioritising how I spend my time. I.e. serious interest only, no time wasters, client interviews, fewer rounds of them.

Comment

I suppose that would make my heart sink slightly less than the offer of a 'panel interview' but the good old fashioned "informal chat about your hobbies and 5 mins about what the project wants to do and when can you start" will always be my favourite
      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

I would do it if there was little/no prep involved. If they expected me to do 10+ hours of research and design some solution than probably would pass.

I have been asked how I would go about a project (high level explanation) in an interview before, I don't think that part is abnormal. It is a little weird to record it but I mean how much of that can we put down to people becoming more comfortable with video format with Covid.

Comment

Working...
        X