• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newbie Advice please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie Advice please

Newbie Here

Apologies if I have posted in the wrong section of this forum

Just starting out as a Contractor outside IR35 recently set up a limited company via Tide and just wondering what other steps I need to take I am aware of the PII insurance having read up on this but I have a 3-Month contract potential with extension

Any advice or pointers would be much appreciated

Apologises again if I have posted in the wrong section

SSD

Take a look at the first timers guide on the right. First Timers Guides - for IT Contractors | Contractor UK

Read through the articles and that should give you a good start.

(We have a problem moving posts atm, so it's best if I leave it here.)
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Thanks for this Cojak much appreciated

Comment

Who has determined that the contract is outside IR35 by the way?
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by IBNconsult View Post
          Newbie Here

Apologies if I have posted in the wrong section of this forum

Just starting out as a Contractor outside IR35 recently set up a limited company via Tide and just wondering what other steps I need to take I am aware of the PII insurance having read up on this but I have a 3-Month contract potential with extension

Any advice or pointers would be much appreciated

Apologises again if I have posted in the wrong section

SSD
          The contract length makes no difference to the things you're going to need. As a starter...

1. SDS from the client (or fee payer) to confirm your outside status
          2. Contract review
          3. An accountant
          4. Professional indemnity insurance (check the contract for the level of cover the client/agency requires)
          5. A bank account in the company's name
          6. The understanding that your company's money is not your money

Comment

Working...
          X