• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company email address?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the has been removed. Do try to not react if someone is rude to you. The correct way is to report to moderator. Not to bypass the swear filters or pile in.
    Originally posted by simes View Post
    Is the chap not talking about being assigned an email address with his client's suffix? Not his own LtdCo email address, which he may or may not have?
    Yes.

Either way, if he's not assigned a client based email address, that would likely help his Outside status and thus all email goes to his personal/LtdCo address.
    No/yes.

I.e. if email goes to his personal address that's a bad thing. If it goes to his company's domain email address that's a good thing. But since many consultancies and the like get issued with client email addresses when they're on site, it's marginal at best.

And I think that's all the useful information in this thread completely summarised.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Register for a domain name (just cost a couple £ a year) and then register for microsoft developer program, it's free and you get a free E5 license which will let you use Outlook and Teams amongst other things.

As far as what this means for Outside/Inside, I really don't think it's very relevant. You are not supposed to be part of the company hierarchy if you're outside but lots of external companies will have internal client email addresses even though they are not part of the company hierarchy. If they do provide you with an email address just make sure you also have one for your company and that all communication regarding contracts/invoices/billing/etc is sent from your company email. Also make sure anything you need to potentially prove anything from a legal standpoint is sent from your company email as well as you may need access to this after you leave.

It's quite normal for an outsourced IT company to have an account on client's domain including email address. Honestly I don't know how you would operate without one.

Comment

Working...
      X