• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for Contractors from the US working in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for Contractors from the US working in the UK

Did you know any UK contractors who were working in the US, I have had a few contracts in Europe, I never had any problems, but now would like one in the US, for around six months or so. I would think that if a US company is interested in hiring you, they will assist you with the formalities, is this about right

Your title and post are completely opposite. You say contractors from the US but then talk about UK contractors on a US gig? Which is it?

Been covered ad nauseum on here. Use the google search method to find the posts.

Contractor US UK site:contractoruk.com/forums

Mess with the search terms. Everything you need to know will be there.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorMike View Post
      Did you know any UK contractors who were working in the US, I have had a few contracts in Europe, I never had any problems, but now would like one in the US, for around six months or so. I would think that if a US company is interested in hiring you, they will assist you with the formalities, is this about right
      No chance in hell unless you perform it from the UK.

Comment

No. Aside from the market being very different there, you will either need US citizenship, a GC or an employment visa sponsored by a US employer in order to do so-called “productive work”, legally. You cannot do productive work on a visa waiver or B-1 visa.

Comment

Working...
        X