• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Legal help needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you everyone for the feedback.
    With regards, to the full story, unfortunately the only things that are omitted out are project specific details in which case, I might just add the name of the client and agency as well. I understand, I may not be able to please everyone, and hence I am okay with client serving notice to terminate the contract early. I have had to terminate contract early from my end as well, when I realise I may not fit in the team. This is all part of the game.
    The reason, I don't buy into the work was worth only 3 weeks, and not 5 weeks is because I was only told this after serving me a notice of termination, and the timesheet was rejected after that. It is not acceptable to tell the contractor after 5 weeks of putting in work, that it is not appropriate. The contract does provide the client a recourse of remedy free of cost, which they did not even discuss. I don't mind making things upto an acceptable standard which are mutually agreed. Given the circumstances the things have gone, it seems that the only way to please the client is to let them have the free work, which on principle I cannot agree.
    I will have to go down the dunning route, it seems.

Comment

So did you get any timesheet at all signed? Do we assume you did three weeks and got that signed then worked two more and they you started playing notice tennis? You should have at least one signed in a five week period shouldn't you?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X