• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Perm offer(s) - take the first one available, or stall for as long as possible

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #21
    Massive thanks for all the replies, I think the best option will be to accept and see what else happens, as many said, there's no guarantee I'll get anything else, so this might be my actual perm job for a while. It's engineering and the industry is deemed "dirty" for a lack of a better word, filled with rather, lets say "rough" types, so interactions might get nasty / heated etc. Throughout my career I always avoided this sector as it's rather uninteresting and I don't really want it on my CV as sectors tend to "stick" and can affect getting jobs outside.

    Btw still haven't heard from #2 even though they are aware I have an offer from #1 and getting any info about the job from #3 seems impossible (at this point I don't even know where the job is or what salary it is). It seems that #1 are keen to get me on board and I might be their only candidate at this point, but sooner or later they'll realise what is going on.

    To make things a bit more complicated I've heard that a contract position I was after and lost got slightly re-written (whatever that means) and that they are now considering me for the role, so I have an interview lined up for Friday. Of course if this goes ahead it trumps everything, but there's still a risk it might get canned, so having a perm backup just in case would work well.

    Comment


      #22
      So #2 came back but their offer was way below #1, so I told #1 it's a go, got the contract through yesterday, so things moved really fast.

      Today had an interview for a remote contract in Denmark, that also moved very quickly and they offered it straight away. I said yes as the rates are double what an average contract is in the UK, so it would be mental to walk away. Kicks off in 3 weeks.

      I've not signed the initial contract from #1, but will need to fairly quickly as my start date is mid week next week. I reckon safest option is to sign and simply carry on with perm position just in case the contract position gets canned in the next three weeks? Notice for #1 is one week.

      Comment


        #23
        Originally posted by dsc View Post
        So #2 came back but their offer was way below #1, so I told #1 it's a go, got the contract through yesterday, so things moved really fast.

        Today had an interview for a remote contract in Denmark, that also moved very quickly and they offered it straight away. I said yes as the rates are double what an average contract is in the UK, so it would be mental to walk away. Kicks off in 3 weeks.

        I've not signed the initial contract from #1, but will need to fairly quickly as my start date is mid week next week. I reckon safest option is to sign and simply carry on with perm position just in case the contract position gets canned in the next three weeks? Notice for #1 is one week.
        Man alive, do you want me to tie your shoelaces and hold your hand as you cross the road

        Do both at same time !!!!

        Fill your boots man


        Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

        Comment


          #24
          Originally posted by dsc View Post
          So #2 came back but their offer was way below #1, so I told #1 it's a go, got the contract through yesterday, so things moved really fast.

          Today had an interview for a remote contract in Denmark, that also moved very quickly and they offered it straight away. I said yes as the rates are double what an average contract is in the UK, so it would be mental to walk away. Kicks off in 3 weeks.

          I've not signed the initial contract from #1, but will need to fairly quickly as my start date is mid week next week. I reckon safest option is to sign and simply carry on with perm position just in case the contract position gets canned in the next three weeks? Notice for #1 is one week.
          Just be careful you are not danish tax liable. I worked in Copenhagen for a few years. Tax is not low.

          Good luck

          Comment


            #25
            Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
            Just be careful you are not danish tax liable. I worked in Copenhagen for a few years. Tax is not low.

            Good luck
            Cheers! It's fully remote unless a few days of testing are required, there's also a kick off meeting in the first week, apart from that I should be wfh. Need to have a chat with a Danish accountant on how these few days get taxed as a non-resident.

            Comment

            Working...
            X