• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How can we fight back against Infosys, TCS and other Indian consultancies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    not any more
    with the new points based system coming up ,they only need to pay £20k
    Then you have your work cut out to keep ahead of the game. This was always going to happen after Brexit to compensate to keep British businesses competitive.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 19 July 2020, 16:21.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      Not that much of a coincidence - it was a quite a big story up here at the time, in fact I’d already read that post just a day or two ago.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tartan Cottage View Post
        Not that much of a coincidence - it was a quite a big story up here at the time, in fact I’d already read that post just a day or two ago.
        Forum rules:

5. No impersonation of other participants or public figures.

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
          He should have disclosed this conflict of interest in the public register of interests and recuse himself from speaking or making decision about the areas that this company is involved in. For example he shouldn't have been involved in IR35 legislation, as this one is favouring big consultancies.
          Quite similar case was with Victoria Atkins when she was a drugs minister.
          The IR35 policy was announced by not the chancellor before Sunak, but the chancellor before that as well. Philip Hammond. He just happens to be chancellor when the due date arrived.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
            what if the same thing happens with your newly acquired skill.
            tough

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              You do know that are minimum salary requirements for UK working visas.

Intra-company Transfer visa (Tier 2): Eligibility - GOV.UK

The minimum salary is:

£41,500 for Long-term Staff
              £23,000 for Graduate Trainee

These salaries are comparable with the national average in the IT industry.

Contractors need to upgrade their skills rather than whining.

When I was starting out as a Graduate I lived in a shared house. There would be six or seven of us in one house.
              Problem is 'whining' contractors, as you so delicately call them, started professional life working their way through permanent employment. Outsourcing to the sub continent means British Industry is developing Indian graduates and not British ones.

I struggle to see how that can be anything else but extremely short sighted by the government.

Comment

Any practical examples of how we can win on quality?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesBrown11 View Post
                  Any practical examples of how we can win on quality?
                  deliver on time, meet quality criteria, and inside budget....
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Average UK tech salary grows to GBP74,000 a year in 2019

UK technology workers’ average salary increased by 13% in 2019 to reach around £74,000 a year
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

stop introducing facts that don't support the argument......
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X