• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Biting The Bullet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yuri F View Post
    LondonManc - yes, offer by HMRC, as for working days - all discussed on prev. page,
    I'm going with 252 working days this year (Y2020), my £5m insurance/office/accounting cost me £500~£700 a year
    (but you can throw in some technology costs topping up to £3K, for instance latest PC/49'' curved monitor),
    and agree - as other perks were discussed before..

for me as professional contractor (and company director) - it's all about money on a first place.
    for someone else priorities are on a different end of a spectrum (so makes sense switching into "safe" scenario).

"training"? tbh I've never seen any real value in it..
    There's your problem. This will get blown out of the water in a couple of years and you'll be in the HMRC Scheme Enquiries section. Every single remuneration plan that has the word "scheme" ends up in the same place. They all claim to be "QC approved" or "HMRC approved" and let you take home 83% of your income or some such. Prepare to get burned.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

WTFH - unsubstantiated/unsupported claims so far, my calcs are on prev. page.

No one works 252 days per year. You didn't mention in your calculation how many days you based it on. So your calculations were unsubstantiated and unsupported.

Most professional calculations are based on 220 days per year as contractors take time off.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

LondonManc - it's only flat VAT scheme, nothing else
        (as mentioned in calcs. previously with 1K cap. expenses)

Comment

WTFH - my company does (and invoices client), me - not necessarily.

I wonder why do I have to explain bare basics? Is it really rocket science here?

Looking at perception of range of opponents here it does makes sense to be permanent employee - because of special state of mindset..
          Last edited by Yuri F; 14 April 2020, 10:58.

Comment

I wonder why do I have to explain bare basics? Is it really rocket science here?
            Start off with proper sentence construction, and then we'll take it from there.

Comment

Because you say you are getting paid for days you don't work.

Because you're either committing fraud against your client or you're a permanent employee.

Because lying is not "bare basics" or "rocket science" it's something professionals tend to avoid when it comes to running a professional business legally.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

WTFH - my company provides professional business services in agreed amount delivering agreed results in agreed quality and receives agreed payment for it
                (how to do it - working full day or not - is a different question {sometimes it might even be opposite: working Friday and 2 days over weekend to fix bloody thing to ensure continuity - charging for only one because it's not client's fault, business is business..})

I'm really amazed with unusual ability of your mind to interpret reality in a very biased way.

Comment

WTFH - my company provides professional business services in agreed amount delivering agreed results in agreed quality and receives agreed payment for it
                  (how to do it - working full day or not - is a different question {sometimes it might even be opposite: working Friday and 2 days over weekend to fix bloody thing to ensure continuity - charging for only one because it's not client's fault, business is business..})

I'm really amazed with unusual ability of your mind to interpret reality in a very biased way.
                  Own up, whose is this? To be fair, 8/10 effort.

Comment

I think this (thread) has used its quota of {parenthesis} for today. Can we please let some other (threads) have {parentheses) too?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      Start off with proper sentence construction, and then we'll take it from there.
                      Ohh, sorry, I'm almost forgot it's forum for poetry and literature contractors, apologies for that mr. grammar patrol.

Comment

Working...
                      X