• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 reform pushed back

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tinopener View Post
    Well, that last sentence is a bit passive aggressive. I actually didn't know what "passive aggressive" meant until you wrote that, but you have now given me a sample.

That last sentence boxes people into a corner.

Hmmm, I think I first became aware of you because I used to be a 2000AD reader.

I may have even been angry at you because you were a serious guy into Judge Dredd rather than the more delicate stuff like Ace Trucking Co.
    How does **** off grab you then?

You going to answer my original question or not?
    Last edited by northernladuk; 19 March 2020, 02:41.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      How does **** off grab you then?

You going to answer my original question or not?
      A nerve has been struck.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Say that again. Blanket outside? Since the IR35 Reform has been halted or before?
        Before.

Comment

Farce

No matter what those bitter n twisted people at hmrc are winning at the moment, they've left their calling card with all the big corps reminding them they are liable end of.

What we need now is a clear and defined framework which assures contractors who ARE outside IR35. HMRC have a track record of targeting individuals after 'some time' giving them enough rope to hang themselves(cough DOTAS cough LOAN CHARGE) before they tap them up with a 'oh look you've been avoiding tax for sometime now' according to our taxation guidelines noone can possibly interpret apart from them of course.

This MUST come from HMRC, if they wish to uphold IR35 they must also allow/deny/approve contracts as they currently give no power to anyone but themselves to make this judgement therefore they MUST be responsible in allowing people to be fast tracked with a decision on each contract. None of this 'it's your own responsibility to declare' thats bullsh1t no it isn't because they will overturn that decision in an instant when they see fit, normally after sometime to maximise revenue. We need MP support here to stop HMRC making up the rules as they go alone to maximise revenue on people they feel 'deserve' to be taxed more.
          Last edited by JPC; 21 March 2020, 10:23.

Comment

Working...
          X