• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Police Staff NPPV Level 3

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlueManc View Post
    Mine took about 12 weeks last year. Another offer and threatening to pull out (I did actually have another offer for an immediate start) seemed to focus the efforts and was then completed in a few days.

Hi thanks for the reply I am not directly being employed by the police themselves it’s a medical role that requires me to be based at the police station - my new employer have told me they have no influence over speeding things up and they have tried chasing up how long for me and have been given the same response due to covid things are taking longer than usual - soo frustrating but it’s a waiting game I guess !!

Comment

Originally posted by kp4kn View Post

Hi thanks for the reply I am not directly being employed by the police themselves it’s a medical role that requires me to be based at the police station - my new employer have told me they have no influence over speeding things up and they have tried chasing up how long for me and have been given the same response due to covid things are taking longer than usual - soo frustrating but it’s a waiting game I guess !!
      I was through an agency and eventually after threatening to walk due to the other offer, was put in direct contact with the vetting team at the force. There was no particular issue as such, my case had been put to review due to a cut and paste error with the agency submission and missing some X out of boxes where you had to declare things. So effectively that part of the form looked blank to them. Spoke with them and went through this over the phone with an email confirmation of the conversation and received clearance following day and started the week after.

There is no harm in dropping the vetting team an email (contact details should be on your original form submission). Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueManc View Post

I was through an agency and eventually after threatening to walk due to the other offer, was put in direct contact with the vetting team at the force. There was no particular issue as such, my case had been put to review due to a cut and paste error with the agency submission and missing some X out of boxes where you had to declare things. So effectively that part of the form looked blank to them. Spoke with them and went through this over the phone with an email confirmation of the conversation and received clearance following day and started the week after.

There is no harm in dropping the vetting team an email (contact details should be on your original form submission). Good luck!

Hi I am glad yours eventually came through - I emailed the vetting team after waiting 8 weeks and the vetting team leader responded back saying “ your vetting is currently waiting to be processed, unfortunately, we are unable to provide a timescale at the moment” - I have heard nothing since then , I’ve been told they are prioritising the police soo I’m guessing I should be waiting 6 months - thanks again

Comment

Agree with the last two comments. 90% of the delays I've had when joining or hiring have been with the local SSO being slow rather than the vetting agency itself, but either way it's things getting held up for silly reasons that's the usual delay. Of course, this last year, we can rightly expect a bit more disruption.

However if people met their SLAs, and if so many jobs didn't pointlessly demand high level clearance, life would be a lot easier!
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
          X