• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Deutsche - FTC with day rate?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigitalUser View Post
    That's what you'd think, right? Basically, the contract puts you in limbo. RS acts as your employer but they're not your employer. In short, they wash their hands of you is my interpretation.

N.B. I am not renewing under PAYE - I've just seen the template.

Is this the re-issued contract we got sent ?

Comment

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
      Is this the re-issued contract we got sent ?
      The re-issued contract doesn't contain any changes to the original clauses, no material/obvious ones anyway. RS are not the employer, they are acting as an Agency who are representing you to clients. There are a couple of clauses which are not enforceable since they contravene "The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003" - Section 12. There are other clauses as have been previously alluded to that make the contract effectively Zero Hour and not Fixed Term. Only those that desperately need the money would even think of signing it in my opinion.

I believe most will stay since they're pretty much permitractors or have the mindset of one.

Comment

Just been scaring myself reading this

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...tigations.html

Do we know if RS have actually commented as per @compliancelady

"I've spoken to clients about this - how you can say from April we want to offer you contract X but this has no bearing on your current contract. Those that value contractors and are more on the medium sized end of the spectrum are happy to manage this in a way that doesn't expose contractors to more risk."

Comment

so will RS tear up the PAYE contracts at this 11th hour ?

(news to follow)....

Comment

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
            so will RS tear up the PAYE contracts at this 11th hour ?

(news to follow)....
            Offpayroll says it ia true.

Is it me or if you were onsite and had just signed a paye contract on the 6th then been offered a new one back with a PSC wouldn't that ring massive alarm bells for most?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
              Offpayroll says it ia true.

Is it me or if you were onsite and had just signed a paye contract on the 6th then been offered a new one back with a PSC wouldn't that ring massive alarm bells for most?!?!
              The risk is on the PSC, but I don't think the two would be pieced together outside of an investigation.
              https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Working...
              X